Push Button – turns PTBT1 on; enters calibration mode, activates preference menus.
- Battery Cap – provides access to battery for replacement.
- Pocket Clip – holds pen to shirt pocket for secure storage.
- Wireless Transceiver Window – Bluetooth antenna is located here.
- LED Indicator Light – Tells the user when to dip & swirl PTBT1 during measurements and calibration. Indicates PTBT1 is in Configuration mode.
- Cap Stop – Shows how far to push the protective cap when putting it on the PTBT1. push Protective Cap (not shown) past this point.
- Electrodes – measure electric current of solution.
- Cell – contains flux field in defined area for accurate current measurement.
- Scoop – used to hold sample solution when dipping is not possible. To install, push the scoop onto the cell while shifting side-to-side. To remove, pull the scoop off while shifting side-to-side. To use, hold the scoop directly under a vertical stream during measurement, avoiding bubbles.
*Not shown: Lanyard, Holster and Protective Cap for Cell.
Downloading the Mobile Device App
- Go to the Apple App Store.
- Search for the “ULTRAPEN PTBTx” iPhone App.
- Open the ULTRAPEN page and tap the Install button.
- Be sure to read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and the Data Use Liability Agreement (DULA).
Opening the ULTRAPEN App
- Tap ULTRAPEN App icon on the mobile device’s HOME screen.
- The App’s main Measurement screen will appear. NOTE: Apple iOS devices: Activate SIRI and say, “ULTRAPEN.”
Mobile Device Status Bar – standard Status Bar for your mobile device.
- Measurement Value Field – displays the measured value of the solution. When the ULTRAPEN turns off, displays the message, “ULTRAPEN is Offline” and values gray out.
- Units of Measure – displays correct units for chosen Measurement Mode.
- ULTRAPEN Battery Level – flashes RED when ULTRAPEN battery is ≤ 25%.
- Solution Temperature – measured temperature of the solution.
- Memory Store Button – tap here to record the measurement in the App’s database.
- Memory Replace Button – tap here to replace a previously stored measurement with data from a new measurement.
- Feature Navigation Bar – these buttons activate various App features.
Click to go to Bluetooth Connection