The PTBT1 is designed to be very reliable and require only infrequent calibration. The Myron L® Company recommends calibrating in each solution mode you use. Check the calibration monthly. The PTBT1 is programmed for two calibration options: Wet Calibration or Factory Calibration (FAC CAL). Wet calibration is the most accurate, but if a high quality standard is not available FAC CAL can be used to returned the PTBT1 to factory settings.
WET CALIBRATION NOTES: If an incorrect solution is used or the measurement isNOT within calibration limits for any reason, the App’s screen will display, “Error. Clean sensor. Check Solution.“ If the calibration solution is correct, clean the cell by submerging it in a 1:1 solution of Lime-A-Way® and water for 5 minutes. Rinse the cell thoroughly and start over. Small bubbles trapped in the cell can give a false calibration. Measure the calibration solution again to verify correct calibration. If the reading is not within ±1% of the calibration solution value, repeat calibration.
WET CALIBRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Use a calibration solution specified for the measurement mode (see the Specification table). Calibrating TDS calibrates Salinity for the same value and vice versa.
- Pour Myron L® Company calibration solution into a clean container.
- Rinse the cell 3 times by swirling it around in fresh calibration solution.
- Open the PTBTx App.
- Tap the CAL button in the Feature Navigation Bar. The App screen will appear and say, “Paired ULTRAPEN is Offline”.
- Grasp the pen near the pen cap to avoid sample contamination.
- Remove pen from the rinse solution, then empty and refill the container with fresh solution.
- Press and release the pen’s push button. The Calibration screen will display, “Press and hold the button on the ULTRAPEN to enter CAL mode.”
- Press and Hold the pen’s button. The LED will go to solid ON and the App’s Calibration screen will appear.
- Tap the green CAL button on the Calibration screen.
- When the pen’s LED flashes rapidly, IMMEDIATELY dip the pen in calibration solution so that the cell is completely submerged. The Calibration screen will display. “Calibrating Conductivity …”
- When the LED flashes slowly, swirl the pen around to remove bubbles, keeping the cell submerged. Keep pen at least 1 inch (2½ cm) away from sides/bottom of container.
- When the LED light goes solid ON, the Calibration screen will display “CAL SAVED” along with the before and after calibration values.
If you do not have the proper calibration solution or wish erase the stored wet calibration constants, use the FAC CAL function
- Open the PTBTx App.
- Tap the CAL button in the Feature Navigation Bar. The App screen will say, “Paired ULTRAPEN is Offline.”
- Press and release the push button. The screen will display, “Press and hold the button on the ULTRAPEN to enter CAL mode”.
- Press and Hold the ULTRAPEN’s button. The LED will go to solid ON and the App’s Calibration screen will appear.
- Tap the red FAC CAL button. A warning dialogue box will appear.
- Tap the OK button in the dialogue box. The App’s Calibrating screen will display, “FAC CAL Reset”.
Click to go to Maintenance