Output Adjustment Control
Power/Mode Selection Button: This button allows convenient starting and stopping of the pump. For pumps with external control capability (A3, A7, A8) this button switches pump operation between internal and external modes. When operating in internal mode the Pulse Indicator Light will flash green. When operating in external mode the Pulse Indicator Light will flash yellow.
- Speed Adjustment Knob: This knob provides adjustment of the stroking speed. For pumps with this knob (A1, A7, A8) turning this knob clockwise increases stroke frequency (speed) from a minimum of 1 stroke per minute.
- Stroke Adjustment Knob: This knob provides adjustment of the stroke length. Turning this knob clockwise P increases the stroke length, which results in a higher amount of chemical displaced per stroke. It is recommended that the stroke range stay between 20% and 100%.
- Pulse Indicator Light: This light will flash green when pumping in internal mode, and will flash yellow when pumping in external mode. The light is on between strokes and off during the actual stroke.
- Low-Level Indicator Light: This light will turn red when a Low-Level Sensor registers a low chemical level. This will turn off the pump. You must have a Low-Level Sensor connected to the pump through the LowLevel Connector for this function to operate.
- Low-Level Connector (3-Pin): This connector is for the connection of a Low-Level Sensor (48413). The low-level switch input connections are always active for all models in all functional modes. If the fluid level drops below the level specified by the Low-Level Sensor, the pump will stop and the Low-Level Indicator Light will turn on. The pump is designed to recognize an open circuit as full, and a closed circuit as empty. The pin functions are as follows:
1. Low Level Signal
3. No Connection
4. Ground/Return Connection7. External Control Connector (5-Pin): This connector is for the connection of various options and accessories that can be used to externally control the pump. The pin functions (and the wire color for the standard LMI external control cable) are as follows:
1. Remote On Signal (Brown)
2. Ground/Return Connection (White)
3. External Pulse Signal (Blue) (used only with A3, and A7 Series pumps)
4. 15 Volt Supply Voltage (Black)
5. 4-20mA Input Signal (Green/Yellow) (used only with A8 Series pumps).
Some of the accessories available for use with A3, and A7 Series metering pumps are listed below. Note that an Adapter Cable (48488) is needed when connecting any of the MICROPACE(TM) units or flowmeters.
A. MICROPACE™ A/D Converter (MP-100) – for translating a 4-20 milliamp signal into an analog signal.
B. MICROPACE™ Divider (MP-400D) – for reducing the frequency of high frequency pulses.
C. MICROPACE™ Multiplier (MP-500M) – for increasing the frequency of low frequency pulses.
D. Pulse Transmitter (48489) – for pulsing in time with another LMI Electronic Metering Pump.
E. RFP Flowmeter and Programmable Divider – for pacing the stroke frequency off of the system flow.
F. FC Flowmeter/Contactor – for pacing the stroke frequency off of the system flow.
Click link to go to Start-up and Adjustment